Tuesday 8 May 2018

Tuesday 8th May 2018

Hot and sunny day.
Up early for a dawn walk at Fobney. Misty, moody, mild and a beautiful sunrise. Just loved the walk from the lock to the weir. Some good photographs captured. 
What did spoil the walk however was an unacceptable amount of litter. Never seen so much left about as I did today.
Have contacted the council to see if they can collect. 
              Another day not doing much as rather hot. Did cut the lawn as did not want a big job on return from Scotland.
Good day for wildlife. Spotted a damsel fly on a Jack by the Hedge wild blower in the wild flower border. First one seen this year. On sitting by the pond later this afternoon I noticed a damselfly emerging from the pond. Was there for three hours drying before flying off.
While removing a lily beetle I heard noises from the area I spotted the hedgehog yesterday. It was in fact a hedgehog and I now know where they are living, under an old wheelbarrow I dumped years ago. Pleased to have found out where they are living.



No comments:

Post a Comment