Wednesday 18 July 2012

Wednesday 18th July 2012












Pretty good morning, pretty good afternoon until 3pm when yes, the heavy rain started for the rest of the afternoon and evening. My Weatherman has promised me good weather for the holiday next week, hope he is right!
A right lazy day just sitting, reading and watching, always something to see and photograph. I do see things sometimes which are difficult to record, for instance in recent days I have noticed one of my bug boxes is being emptied on a regular basis. The culprit was a Bluetit looking for the Bugs. What nature is about I guess.
No sighting of Woody, Jays or the Crows today. Bit strange that as up to now have been very busy. Having said that the Starlings were als missing today hence pictures of Goldfinches and Great Tits.
Pictures 1 - 3 - Wood Boring Beetle leaving his pile of wood dust. I was watching this happen at 8.30pm last night. I did in the end destroy the Beetle as could have caused a lot of damage. I was amazed at how rapid he worked.
Picture 4 - Pair of Doves keeping balance on the Sunflower Feeder.
     "     5 - A Moth not seen in my Moth Trap before. The Moth Trap was the busiest I had experienced to date. Really crammed in the egg boxes.
Picture 6 - Goldfinches Tea Party!
      "    7 - Lonesome Starling, had the box to him self today, not sure where his mates were today?
Pictures 8 & 9 - Despite the wet this Damsel Fly flew into the Useful Room this afternoon, shelter from the Rain no doubt?
Pictures 10 & 11 - The rope is already harbouring insects which the Great Tit is finding yummy. When I researched for the rope I was told this would happen as a warning but to me it was an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment