Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tuesday 10th December 2013



Not much sun today, on the chilly side but at least dry.
Morning spent writing Christmas cards, afternoon addressing the envelopes. Have I really got that many friends?!
Each time I rested in the observatory during the day there was a happening - good to see the female Woody, spent most of the day on the feeder. The Sparrowhawk spent a good half an hour trying to nick a bird, no success this time. 
My Swift nest box has been taken over by the Starlings big time, what I thought was just periodic sightings of a Starling in the box was wrong. Two are roosting and are in and out all day. Do I invest in another Swift box, and if I do, where do I site it? Decisions....
Strange happening with the Moon tonight, looked out at 16.30 and captured this. A friend on FB was at the top of the Shard and captured two images, strange.
Picture 1 - Female Woody.
      "    2 - Sparrow Hawk in the look out shrub.
      "    3 - Interesting Moon image(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment