Friday 27 April 2012

Friday 27th April 2012





A typical April day, wind, showers and sun.
In between showers I managed to plant out 20 Runner Bean Plants and 40 Carrot Plants. Also planted out 40 Sweet Pea Plants, within an hour 10 plants had been dug out and the plant tub was generally trashed. Have set the TC tonight to catch the culprit. My guess a Jay or Blackbird.
                    When wet I retreated to the workshop and glued up a further five frames, don't think I will have the wall space for the number I am making!
                    Swifts have definately arrived, two spotted at 7.30pm tonight flying to the nest site at 483. Brilliant news this but sad at the same time as without Doug and Anna living there now am unable to see the action through the camera Doug had set up. I will be in touch with Boyo (Doug) each night now and for my part I will now start playing the Swift CD to encourage a pair to my nest box.
Picture 1 - Jay in the Bean Tree with a tasty Monkey Nut.
      "    2 - Carrots planted in  cardboard tubes from a Carpet Roll. Bit of fun to see how long I can grow a Carrot!
Picture 3 - Runner Bean Plants, 10 in each tub with a Sunflower in each tub to encourage the Bees.
Picture 4 - Not afraid to admit it! I just love the Flame dancing in the EDF Advert. Sad or what?!
     "     5 - Swift Nest Box on the North Side of House.

No comments:

Post a Comment