Tuesday 1 May 2012

Tuesday 1st May 2012




Wet start but from 11am the rain stopped, the sun came out leaving the rest of the day pretty good.
Lazy day today as pretty bad with disc problems following my days work on the Acer Tree on Saturday.
                 Never seen the Well so full, normally after heavy rain the water rises but quickly returns to water table level. Not today, only a foot from ground level.
                  All my Compost arrived today by Henry Street ready for my Hanging Baskets which I will start on mid May.
                  No sign of Swifts to my Nest Box as yet, Robin gets rather agitated or excited as soon as I set the Swift CD. Unfair but fun to watch!
Picture 1 - Laburnam against the Flowering Cherry. Grew the Laburnam from seed (from a Park in Leeds) some six years ago. First time it has flowered.
Picture 2 - Inside Well, sadly does not show very clearly the water level, should have set the flash.
     "     3 - Dandelion taken at 8pm tonight. Lucky, as the high winds and rain had destroyed most.
     "     4 - Bluebells again taken at 8pm in the evenings sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment