Wednesday 17 October 2012

Tuesday 16th October 2012


Warm and Sunny day - an ideal day for the final few hours at No.25. Estate Agent was able to take advantage of the Sun and take some good pictures of the Bungalow. Sale going live tomorrow.
No tears were shed as I have never felt the Bungalow was home despite Mum & Dad living there for over 25 years.
Home to me was The House that Dad Built, taking nine years to build having to purchase just a few bricks at a time from Arborfield Brick & Tile Works. Many a Saturday morning I was asked to cycle to the yard with a stout bag and collecting a few bricks. This is only a small part of the picture, Dad was a Farmer and only had the odd night/weekend to work. I am lucky to have so many memories of growing up in the Fifties helping Dad on the Farm and Building the House.
Picture 1 - Leaving No.25 for the last time.
     "     2 - The House that Dad Built as painted by me in 1959.

No comments:

Post a Comment