Monday 9 September 2013

Monday 9th September 2013







A right mix of weather, heavy showers most of the day but a beautiful late afternoon/evening. Much cooler however.
                Working in heavy rain on the patio I witnessed the female Sparrowhawk swoop by me resting on the rope a matter of feet away. After a good twenty minutes (I was drenched by this time) she swooped again, grabbed a Sparrow from the feeder and chomped away. Amazing. I have thirty odd photographs taken from the moment she arrived. Preening, looking in all directions, standing on one leg....
                  Before the first of the days showers I managed to repair and re-paint the Dovecote. Should be ok now for another few years.
Rain stopped work on the Patio however, hopefully weather will improve for tomorrow.
Pictures 1 - 5 - Female Sparrowhawk.
      "           6 - Dovecote.
      "           7 - Patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment