Wednesday 2 April 2014

Wednesday 2nd April 2014





Despite overcast conditions it was a very mild day with temp' reaching a high of 19c this afternoon.
What a surprise this morning. On my early morning walk around the garden I was chuffed to bits to see a dollop of spawn in the larger pond. What a relief, a little late but hopefully we are free of frosts now?
       Good to see Barry and the children this afternoon (Barry was my Manager at Lavers), calling to see the Blue Tits and Starlings. When I retired Barry presented me with a sizable Handykam voucher which helped me with my monitor system.
Madness tonight, with a Magpie making determined attempts to enter the Starling box. Prior to the first attempt it chased the two Starlings for a while before they were able to find home and sanctury. It was some while before the Starlings ventured out again. Wonder now if this is the end of the Starlings nesting?
A male Great Spotted and young Jay appeared this afternoon. Good to see the Jay more regularly.
Picture 1 - Spawn.
     "     2 - Male Great Spotted.
     "     3 - Young Jay.
  " 4 & 5 - Magpie mahem.
  "        6 - Hannah and Zach exploring the garden via trail cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment