Sunday 10 August 2014

Saturday 9th August 2014








A very warm and sunny day.
A 6.30am start for a day at Rye including a steam train ride on the Hythe to Dungeness line.
A little warm walking the hilly town of Rye but after the weather predictions for this weekend I am not complaining. 
Unknown to us the eatery we stopped at for a Crab sarnie had just got back to normal after being taken over by a film crew filming for Downton Abbey. 
After a good walk around Rye I settled Lorna down with a cornet while I walked up the belfry steps of the Church to see the bells. I have always been interested in how these monster bells are fixed so high up in church towers. I am still amazed at how this work is carried out.
Time now for the drive to Hythe for the steam train trip to Dungeness. What a contrast to Rye. Dungeness is desolate, baron and isolated. This weird landscape was somehow magical. I will be returning.
Arrived home at 8.30pm after another good day out but shock horror - my tallest Sunflower has disappeared. This is now war......
Pictures 1 - 3 - Rye town centre.
      "            4 - Bells in Rye Town Church Belfry.
      "            5 - Steam Train on arrival at Dungeness.
      "            6 - Pub and new lighthouse (1961) at Dungeness.
      "    7 & 8 - Cottages at Dungeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment