Wednesday 17 September 2014

Wednesday 10th September 2014








After a misty start the rest of the day was warm to hot. Liking it a lot.
Today was a Northumbrian coastal tour. Starting with a stop at Craster home of the famous Kippers and little harbour. Kippers rather expensive at £9 for two. The harbour interested me looking splendid in the bright morning sun.
Next a visit to the Woodborn Colliery which featured an exhibition of the coal town. The exhibition showed very clearly how the coal man family lived and worked in graphic detail.
The afternoon was spent at Alnwick Castle. For me this castle was the best I have seen for quality and workmanship. Amazing carved wooden ceilings, the likes I have never seen before.
After another enjoyable dinner the hotel arranged entertainment which included an evening of music by a couple of Northumbrian Pipers. Brilliant, my kind of music. Took me back to my cloggy and Morris Men days. No comparison of course!
Picture 1 - Misty Bamburgh.
   " 2 & 3 - Craster Harbour.
   "        4 - Peaceful scene near Craster.
   "        5 - Woodhorn Colliery.
   " 6 & 7 - Alnwick Castle.
   "        8 - Northumbrian Pipers.
   "        9 - A Woodhorn Colliery coal man washing after a work shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment