Wednesday 29 October 2014

Wednesday 29th October 2014










A very mild, overcast and a day of drizzle.
Waking up to such weather thought only one thing to do today, visit museums.
Despite the drizzle I walked to the Museum of English Rural Life (MERL) in Redlands Road. Once the home of George Palmer (Huntley & Palmers). MERL started life back in 1951 in Whiteknights Park before moving to Redlands Road in 2004. I joined MERL in 1967-1979 as a conservator. Conserving/repairing all the farm waggons and ploughs in the collection. 
MERL is closing on Friday for a major refurbishment re-opening in 2016 hence my visit today.
Walked on to Reading Museum for lunch and another look at the Art exhibition. Arrived home late afternoon after a great me day despite the weather.
Pictures 1 - 8 - Farm Waggons and Ploughs on display at MERL.
       "           9 - Me in the workshop 1972.
       "          10 - MERL staff walking to the Uni' dining room for Christmas Dinner December 1974. I am leading the way with Catherine who I met again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment