Friday 28 August 2015

Friday 28th August 2015








A pretty good day, warm and sunny most of the day. Yellow warning out for tomorrow however for heavy rain.
              After a morning in town to sort my phone out it was back home for a pottering afternoon in the garden.
Not a good month for me and technology. Phone refused to work last night informing me memory and card were full and no room for messages. Transpires my messages were left in draft format and messages in were not received. Mobile man said, you got lots of friends in France and Germany? Non said I. Well this is a lot of your problems, you have the phone set for English, French, German and Japanese. Could only laugh.
                Highlight of the afternoon was finding 31 dragonfly larvae while pond dipping. Only managed a 50% sweep of the pond so could be many more. A lot will be predated by the fish of course. Would love to think I have 31 dragonflies emerging in the next two years?
There was a happening in the dog kennel (hedgehog home) last night. A large proportion of straw had been dragged out. Hole only just the size for a hog so fingers crossed. Have left food out and set the camera tonight.
Moth trap had blown over or pushed over last night leaving me with a table covered in moths. Surprised they stayed so long but the position does catch the early morning sun.
               Sunflower competition closes on Sunday so have ordered Google Earth to help me out with measuring this weekend!
Pictures 1 & 2 - Moths on table.
       "             3 - Hedgehog maybe?
       "       4 - 7 - Dragonfly larvae.
       "            8 - Am I the winner, again?

No comments:

Post a Comment