Friday 3 February 2017

Friday 3rd February 2017

Morning reasonable, mild and overcast but this afternoon and tonight not good. Wet and very windy.
Following some help from a good friend I went on the lookout for waxwings in Bracknell this morning. Thanks Boyo.
Sadly however these beautiful birds had flown and did not return in the twenty minutes I stayed. Did meet a Chap who I worked with at the UoR during the 60/70s. We recognised each other in an instant, he also retired now spends his time following birds across the country. Not for me, just local activity interests me. Good to meet up however.
            This afternoon we paid Henry Street a visit for climbers to plant against the new fence. Bought two honeysuckles and two clematis and two hellebores for the stumpers. These will all be planted on Sunday weather permitting.
              My history book arrived today, well pleased with it now. My next challenge now is to sort out the 2016 garden wildlife book. I require twenty more pages on top of the hundred pages already used, still waiting a reply from PhotoBox if this can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment