Sunday 19 August 2018

Saturday 18th August 2018







Warm and sunny most of the day, slightly overcast early morning.
Up early and at the Rutland Osprey Centre by 8.30am. Good time to visit as the hide was mostly mine except for a ranger. I was privileged to see very clearly both the male and female Ospreys. I stayed for over an hour watching these amazingly beautiful birds. The young had not been seen for a few day so that was a little disappointing, it was also a puzzle to the rangers monitoring these birds as to where they could be.
Tonight on my twitter feed @rutlandospreys tweeted the young had returned at 5pm tonight. My luck!
Arrived home this afternoon pretty tired but well worth it as once again it was one stonking good Birdfair. Have already booked my room for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment