Friday 23 November 2018

Thursday 22nd November 2018

Cold and overcast.
Spent the day taking on the willow tree. It appears a whole lot bigger from the top of a ladder.
Branches are huge, made good progress but do question myself whether I should be carrying out this type of work at my age ?
So far no damage caused to neighbors fences or sheds but does get more difficult now. The last few branches to tackle are high up on the tree. Will have to expand the ladder to the maximum.
I will certainly have enough willow stems to create another fence with logs to create another log pile.
   
Due to my working at the bottom end of the garden I find not get a chance to wildlife watch. However, on closing up on a misty, cold and overcast evening I took one last look outside and WOW. A female blackcap feeding from the fig tree. Never seen one this early, normally January-March. Well pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment