Saturday 29 December 2018

Friday 28th December 2018,

Very mild and sunny day.
What a day for garden wildlife. I was feeling pretty chuffed as I was taking photographs of a female great spotted woodpecker feeding from the peanut feeder in the robinia tree when I was aware of a bird that flew on to a branch above me. Looking up I could be forgiven if I was dreaming. It was a green woodpecker. The great spotted woodpecker was not fazed and carried on eating. I managed a very poor image of the green which was sadly in amongst twigs, only stayed a matter of seconds before flying off.
Local FB followers made contact and it appears there is one that has regularly visited a garden for two weeks now, it is a garden very close to here. There have also been sightings in the Elgar Road area recently. All good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment