Monday 17 December 2018

Monday 17th December 2018



Mild and sunny. Last nights rain however has made the garden rather mucky.
A little preparation for Christmas today. In town for a few personal bits but came home on same bus. A Monday and the town was buzzing. I don't do buzz these days.
            Trail cameras confirmed the hedgehogs are still out of a night. Foxes, rats and mice also out helping themselves to left over hedgehog food.
Sitting in my armchair this afternoon I was aware of a large bird flying over the pond. I had a good view looking through the V of the silver birch tree. I was holding my camera as had just taken a photograph of a sparrow. This enabled me to capture a reasonable 'in flight' photograph. It was a sparrowhawk with a great tit in its claw. Flew to a fence post where it devoured the great tit.
Jays busy again feeding on monkey nuts. Squirrels also taking the monkey nuts but burying them for future meals. Tufty also carried more oak leaves into the drey box.

No comments:

Post a Comment