Monday 7 January 2019

Monday 7th January 2019














Cold and miserably overcast all day. Temperature reached a high of 8c this afternoon.
Enjoyed a dawn walk at Fobney, sun did not show but was atmospheric with a dark blue sky, barges lining the canal and of course the winter dawn chorus.
            Day mostly spent on the book project, images for three months now chosen. At one of my many tea breaks I spotted the male and female great spotted woodpecker and the green woodpecker in the robinia tree. What excitement. Still amazes me what I see from my armchair, makes you wonder what I miss?
Trail cameras confirmed the fox pair and a few rats out last night. Also captured Tufty collecting further nesting material.
Image 1 - Ratty.
    "     2 - Tufty collecting nesting material.
    "     3 - Foxy.
 " 4 & 5 - Sunrise from my armchair.
 " 6 - 10 - Fobney at dawn.
 "       11 - Pair of great spotted woodpeckers in the robinia tree.
12 & 13 - Female green woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment