Wednesday 3 April 2019

Wednesday 3rd April 2019













After a cold and misty start to the day the rest of the day turned out mild and sunny. Temperature reached 13c this afternoon.
What a day, on my morning walk around the garden I was confronted by a red legged partridge at the bottom of the garden. The bird flew over to my neighbour after being spooked by me.
I then went into next door for a better photograph which I managed before the bird took flight again over the rooftops towards the town.
A male pied wagtail turned up a few times ground feeding at the bird feeder.
Tufty has taken a liking to fat nibbles and currants so will have to find another type of feeder to deter. A few days ago I mentioned Tufty being the culprit for breaking into the bird feed store. The chewed lid was now not a deterrent so the time had come for further action. It coincided with a cat killing a squirrel so thought problem solved.
Today I noticed the lid in place but had been moved, with my back turned a squirrel was in again, lid off and now enjoying a feast of sunflower hearts. I watched as the squirrel made its way out of a hole the rats had made a while ago. Hole now blocked.
Trail cam' SD cards confirmed just the one fox and hedgehog out last night.

Project Books - the three Garden Wildlife 2018 books ordered today. Delivery expected in approximately two weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment