Saturday 10 March 2012

Saturday 10th March 2012


A beautiful day, loads of Sun with temp' this afternoon reaching 14c.
Spent morning at a Rose Pruning demonstration by Henry Street Rose Growers. I love Roses but have not thought of growing that many as the pruning, black spot, greenfly etc was pretty off-putting - or so I thought. Today's demo' blew me. Pruning so easy, this time of year you actually prune to three buds above ground level. Black spot, just pick off the leaves and burn. Greenfly can be killed by spraying with Organic Chemicals. The spraying is still a no,no for me however, organic or otherwise.
Called into the Stables on the way back and filled four more bags of S**t! Should be some good Veg' this year!
Good to see so many Long Tailed Tits on the Feeders this afternoon, hope they nest locally. Very worried at the damage to the Robinia Tree by Woody Chipping away at the Bark. My problem is I love watching them!
Pictures 1 & 2 - Woody enjoying a Monkey Nut Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment