Monday 17 June 2013

Monday 17th June 2013

Mild, dry, sunny day. Blustery by evening.
At least Hillary's Blind representative turned up, more than I can say for the builders. Perhaps one day I will announce that the builders have turned up. All I have at the moment is 4 windows out of 13 and no conservatory. Should have expected this after 75% of my working life spent in the building industry.
That aside, what a brilliant day - enjoying a mid morning coffee I was entertained for some twenty minutes by a large number of Swifts. So many I was unable to count. Think every bird was singing, it was just the most beautiful sight & sound. The birds circled 479/481 the whole time.
Tonight at 6pm I was aware of Swifts singing again, this time not so many, 6 in total but this time circled 3 - 4 houses up from 479. 
Picture of a couple of young Goldfinches feeding from the sunflower feeder.

No comments:

Post a Comment