Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tuesday 7th January 2014







What a day of mixed weather conditions. While walking to the dentist the heavens opened and I was soaked. In the twenty minutes I am in the chair the rain stops and the sun is out. Sort it out. Further, lighter showers during the day. Still very mild.
                   Despite Manor Farm Road still being closed due to flooding I managed it albeit water half way up leg. I was warned by two council operatives that I entered at my own risk. Was worth the risk as the flooding created some spectacular sights. Fobney Wetland reserve is now surrounded by water with the fields either side of the canal also flooded. The canal has breached in half a dozen places along the towpath. The weir looked pretty impressive and very noisy as you can imagine.
My biggest surprise and delight was to see thirteen Little Egrets in the flooded field, managed to photograph ten.
Not sure how many picts' are uploaded, should be seven but a message has appeared mentioning a fault in upload. What photographs are showing were taken at Fobney this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment