Monday 5 May 2014

Sunday 4th May 2014











Up at 4am for the Dawn Chorus walk at Dinton Pastures. The Sunrise was magnificent leading to a brilliant day. Pretty cold at 4am but day turned out very warm. The morning walk was organised by the Wokingham branch of the RSPB and did not disappoint.
Something magical about listening to a Nightingale sing. Lucky to see a White Throat and Garden Warbler which is a first for me. Also the mating ritual of the Crested Grebe.
Arrived home at 9.15am and 10,000 steps pretty tired but oh so happy. My partner on the walk had a step-o-meter, yes really!
On arriving home I said to Lorna, anything doing with the Blue Tits? No she said. I couldn't help but look for myself and yeeeeeeees, eggs were cracking. What a moment. What a morning. Was just a magical moment, never have I experienced this type of moment. Technology has helped me take my garden wildlife to a new level.
                    Time now to prepare the BBQ for Julie & Darren, Laura & Holly. Arriving at mid-day it was of course only right I introduced them to this wonderful show featuring the Blue Tit family. Think they were pretty impressed?
It was a good afternoon, first bbq of the season and cooked to perfection. Thanks Laura for my introduction to Instagram, what have I let myself in for?!
The  day ended as it started, watching my Blue Tit family....ah bless!
Pictures 1 - 3 - Sunrise at Dinton Pastures.
      "            4 - White throat in song.
      "            5 - Garden Warbler in song,
      "    6 & 7 - Grebe mating ritual.
      "           8 - Family BBQ.
      " 9 & 10 - Hatching of Blue Tits.
      "        11 - Removing egg shells.

No comments:

Post a Comment