Thursday 8 September 2016

Thursday 8th September 2016









A stunning day, very warm and sunny well into the evening.
Today's blog is all about the guided walk with a group of local residents organised through the Community Centre.
I am also posting all my photographs of today in preference to any of garden wildlife.
I did not know any in the group and was not even aware of how many would in fact turn up. I could not have wished for more, a group best described as vulnerable and what a tale they told. They were over the moon to be walking in such beautiful surroundings (Island View Nature Reserve) and feeling at ease in friendly company. 
The stories I was told today was heartbreaking in how they have had to cope in life in fact still having to cope as almost on a daily basis they are abused in some way. I would like to write more and more publicly but I have to recognise these people are still to this day very vulnerable.
It was a pleasure to be out with them and hope to repeat this walk on another occasion. I will add, being vulnerable does not mean these people do not have certain skills, one chap pulled out a note pad and drew an amazing picture of what interested him today and another chap took great pleasure in naming every spider and insect he spotted and also named every tree.
It really was an enlightening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment