Wednesday 2 August 2017

Wednesday 2nd August 2017






What a contrast in two days. Today was cool, windy and very wet.
Could not have been worse for what I am reporting now.
At 8.30am on my morning garden walk a southern hawker was actually emerging from its casing. How come in such appalling conditions.
Stayed for an hour photographing every movement. Returned again at 11.45am, no change in position and was being buffeted relentlessly. How on earth it hung on beats me.
Returned again at 3pm, wind stronger and rain worse still. Now emerged and hanging with wings closed. Not sure how this will end.
Kept checking every hour until 8.30pm when I captured my last image for the day. Now clearly showing signs of being very wet. Nothing I can do to help, just hope weather improves tomorrow to allow it to open wings, dry out and fly. As I write this the weather is in fact even worse.
What a season this is turning out to be re dragonflies. Makes up for the lack of 🐸.

No comments:

Post a Comment