Friday 7 September 2018

Friday 7th September 2018





Mild Autumnal day, superb sunset tonight.
Not the day I had planned. On my first walk around the garden this morning I spotted a baby hedgehog in the bandstand border. No visible sign of illness or injury but clearly should not have been out at that time of day. Placed some food and water at its side and it did have a sniff before rolling up. 
On checking again at 10am I felt the poor hog was clearly not well. Placed it in a box of straw with a bowl of water.
On ringing a hedgehog rescue centre and hospital it was suggested I should bring the hog in for observation, an appointment was made for 4pm.
On arrival the hog nurse said for starters it was anemic and one suggestion was that it had eaten poison.
Was a five week old male hedgehog with little chance of survival. Disappointing outcome, have to ring on Tuesday for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment