Thursday 14 March 2019

Thursday 14th March 2019

Cold, windy and sunny. Another mixed up day.
For three years now I have attempted to create a wildflower meadow, sadly without success for a number of reasons.
I made the decision that for 2019 I would purchase wildflower plants suitable for butterflies, moths and bees.
An internet search and what a gem of a place I found. Butterfly Plants Nursery at Cheriton. A gem of a nursery, visited today and came away with a car full of plants. The nursery is operated by a husband and wife team in a field surrounded by home made greenhouses and polytunnels. All plants are grown from seed on site. It really is a gem of a nursery. BBC Gardeners World featured the nursery in 2016 apparently.
Next job is a major planting job. Will make a start this weekend. I have also abandoned the idea of a lawn which I have also attempted over three years and will now create one large wildflower plants area.
A nursery I will continue to support in the coming years.




No comments:

Post a Comment