Friday 18 March 2016

Friday 18th March 2016

Oh wow, what a stunning day. Very warm and sunny all day. Temp' reached 16c this afternoon.
Day spent in the garden working on the alpine house. Really looking good now. Two ends and a side + cills now fixed. Sliding door still an issue, am putting my metalwork skills to the test to produce a sliding mechanism. Found some metal chanel which I hope to improvise.
Hopefully will have this project pretty well finished over the weekend. The bottled wall will take some time to finish of course as can only work as fast as my neighbours empty wine or beer bottles.
          I clearly have another mouse family in the garden. The greenhouse mouse has settled in and has started making a nest from fleece I store in the greenhouse. With a vast supply of bird food at his disposal I think it will be here for the long haul?
The mice in the two wood stacks covered by cameras are still very active. One of the mice was actually building a nest this afternoon out of what looks like straw. The only straw I have used is in the hedgehog home and that is 30mtrs away from the mouse habitat.


No comments:

Post a Comment