Wednesday 23 March 2016

Wednesday 23rd March 2016

A good day, not so much sun but reasonably mild and most importantly, dry.
Not much to report today as busy talking to three groups of children from Geoffrey Field School on Whitley History, my personal history of Whitley and my love of local and garden wildlife.
I was slightly nervous of doing this but felt privileged at being approached and am pleased I agreed.
The school should be congratulated on the way the children responded to this event with their questions and general interest shown. To be asking questions as they were proved to me just how genuinely interested they were.
My talks aside the children had baked scones, cakes and biscuits with fruit, jam and cream all cooked and prepared by themselves at school. The idea behind this was to test how good their cooking skills were. The children presented visitors with what they had cooked with a questionare to complete. We had to test for taste, presentation and texture with any advise on how the baking could be improved.
Brilliant idea. What a great day it has been.
Since arriving home I have already received a message saying other schools in the area would like to participate in such an event in the future. Better read up on more of Whitley History?

No comments:

Post a Comment