Tuesday 15 March 2016

Tuesday 15th March 2016

After such a glorious start to the day it was more than a little disappointing for the weather to change . Breezy, dull and rather chilly.
This morning gave the front garden the first tidy up of the season. Pruned the magnolia tree, cut the lawn, swept up leaves and replaced a potted fir tree that died last autumn.
In the clearing up I came across a caterpillar that is so rare it is not even registered in any reference book! Only joking of course, I have been set a tack of identifying but after going through two books I am now resting for tonight. Will have another attempt tomorrow. My good Pal Doug identified it as a lesser yellow underwing moth . Thanks Boyo.
This afternoon I clad a side of the alpine house. Next job will be how I clad the sliding glazed aluminium door. Not sure how to do this yet.
             The Jays, Woody and Tufty are now fighting over the monkey nuts. Jay winning at the moment with Tufty a close second. Have the trail camera set now to capture hopefully the skirmishes.



             





No comments:

Post a Comment