Friday 15 April 2016

Friday 15th April 2016

What a difference 24 hours make. A dreadful day, much cooler and from mid day nothing but rain. This morning was reasonable, even sunny at times.
Managed to finish the wedding and general garden tidying up this morning so was lucky there.
This afternoon as so wet I stayed in and sorted the swift call gizmo I purchased at the Bird Fair last year and charging up the Meerkam camera outfit so I can use hopefully over the weekend.
               Tonight is the fourth night the blue tit has not roosted so time now go clean out ready for the swifts, hopefully.
The alpine house shading material arrived this afternoon so hopefully this will be a job I can carry out this weekend.
I appear to have a fence problem, meaning collapsing. Weight of the ivy against very old fencing (packing case timber from the eighties) has finally given way. Sadly not a job I can carry out now so begrudgingly will have to enlist the help of a fencing contractor. Will wait until the nesting season is over, have secured with rope as a temp' measure. Good job I have friendly neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment