Tuesday 18 July 2017

Tuesday 18th July 2017









Another very warm and sunny day. Temp' close to 30c today.
A bit hot to work so just pottered about today. Some good wildlife activity to watch.
Ragwort still doing well in my wild flower patch. Southern hawkers emerging again, two today. Takes me over 30 now I have seen, how many in total I wonder?
Comma butterflies and speckled wood all over the garden today. I spot many more, whites, blues, yellows, wish I could catch and identify.
Swifts were very busy today, a group of six about most of the day. In fact just heard them again now at 8.30pm.

Image 1 - Gull and magpie video.
     "    2 - Moth on the front door.
     "    3 - Moth on the back door frame.
     "    4 - Unsure on this one, flew into the observatory last night.
     "    5 - Southern hawker early this morning.
     "    6 - Comma butterfly on back door frame.
     "    7 - Hoverfly in a petunia flower.
     "    8 - Cinnabar caterpillar on a ragwort plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment