Monday 23 October 2017

Sunday 22nd October 2017

Mild but overcast day. Thankfully no damage from Storm Brian, just a few more leaves down prematurely.
Day spent with Diane and Roger. Met at The Springs at Beenham for mid day dinner before moving onto their home. I last met Roger 50 years ago who was just starting a fencing business which proved very successful.
What a house surrounded by 20 acres of fields which he owns. Roger and Diane are all things wildlife, creating a haven for foxes, badgers, deer, pheasants, kites and all manner of other birds. While we were there today we experienced large numbers of kites flying above and resting on fence posts, and also a fair number of deer bouncing about the fields. So wish I had my camera with me.
In the evening badgers, deep and foxes eat together on the lawn on food such as chicken legs and wings. I will be returning one day with my camera and also to set up a few trail cameras to capture the goings on.
Was so good meeting up again and experiencing their home and garden/land.

No comments:

Post a Comment