Monday 10 February 2014

Monday 10th February 2014.

What an evening - 16.30 I receive a call from my Godson Chris telling he has had a relapse and needs to be at the hospital by 18.30. Chris endured an operation just before Christmas to remove poison after contacting MSSA following a routine operation by keyhole surgery on his hip. This morning woke up and found he couldn't walk and pain unbearable. On picking him up I could not believe what I was looking at. A young lad completely disabled. Will be an emergency operation in the morning depending on what the scan shows. Infection level is measured and should be zero, Chris was at 200 hence the emergency. Wish you well Chris.
While at the hospital this evening I received a call from my family in Scotland informing me very sadly that Nathan's partner had lost their baby this afternoon through a miss-carriage then another call from a dear friend who had just given birth.
What an evening of mixed emotions.

Weather good today, plenty of sun, a little breeze and only 2mm recorded rainfall following another two minute hail storm this afternoon.
Average outdoor temp' 7c. By evening down to 2c with grit lorries out on the Basingstoke Road.
Average wind speed 5mph.

Morning spent in Reading photographing the flooding in the town centre. Photographs tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment