Thursday 14 July 2016

Thursday 14th July 2016
















A good day, warm and sunny all day. Loved it.
Today was all about Reading from on high. Two weeks ago I posted my being apprehended and camera checked after being spotted taking photographs from the two shopping malls. Discussions with the two respective shopping mall managers highlighted what a difficult task they have in keeping shoppers/visitors safe when faced with terrorists threats but commonsense prevailed and I have written confirmation that allows me to carry on taking photographs. 
Today I was invited to the tallest building (aside from church steeples) in Reading to capture as many photographs as I liked from this great vantage point. Scary but what an opportunity.
                  Back home in the afternoon I made a chicken wire door for the alpine house. Keeping cats out but allowing for bees and other insects to gain access.
                   Still no moths in the trap but three outside, on the decking and front door frame.
At 7.30pm tonight magical to see eight swifts flying low over the house. No sign now, only stayed about 15 minutes. Good enough for me.
Picture 1 - Chicken wire door to alpine house.
   "   2 - 4 - Moths.
   "        5 - Swift.
   " 6 - 13 - Reading from on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment