Friday 19 August 2016

Friday 19th August 2016

Very warm but overcast with drizzle at times. Tonight however it was sunny with blue sky. Not going to last as tomorrow is looking pretty wet & windy here in Rutland.
Arrived at the Birdfair early this morning for the first lecture of the day about swifts. Very informative but nothing new to me as my good mate Doug taught me everything about swifts at my first introduction to these wonderful birds some six years ago now.
Birdfair was as busy as one would expect, well known personalities were creating large crowds particularly Simon King.
Bumped into Georgia again, amazing coincidence as met outside the bar again. Georgia has an amazing opportunity tonight as is interviewing Chris Packham. Wishing her well with that.
I am somewhat amazed at the technology involving smart phones and digiscoping. Can't believe we are now talking about smartphones being the camera option of the future.
Thought a scope might be my next purchase but not so sure now.
Did purchase a rather smart hedgehog feeder complete with solar light. Think actually just a gimmick but worth a try as cost was small being a Birdfair offer. Also purchased another swift box which was being sold at a ridiculous price, was minus a nesting tray however but I do have a spare which I can use.
In the pub now enjoying an evening pint after a good meal of macaroni cheese, probably not my last pint of the night.
Hope weather holds now so I can enjoy the osprey visit tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment