Thursday 18 August 2016

Thursday 18th August 2016

Very warm and sunny all day. In Rutland it is barmy warm but little sun.
Arrived in Uppingham late this afternoon for my two night stay at The Crown. Just finished a good steak, now waiting for the band to start up so not expecting an early night.
Before leaving I prepared some lunch which I was enjoying in my fav' spot of the garden when this tiniest of birds appeared and started drinking from the top level of the pond. Clearly a young goldcrest by the markings around the eyes. Chuffed to bits to see this let alone manage some photographs. It is a standing joke that my camera is welded to me. Glad it is on such occasions as this.

Above is the best part of my day. What I blog here is just recording what happened this morning. Will not blog on my response to officials.
For my sins I agreed to organise a walk and afternoon tea for a 15 number group of over 55 Whitley Folk.
After a meeting and subsequent phone call agreeing £5.50 for tea and a scone and arrangement of a mini bus to transport these folk I was informed this morning that sorry unable to honour the cost ax in effect you will be taking over the barge so my revised cost is £15 per head. Outrageous I said,  can have a three course meal at that price....


No comments:

Post a Comment