Friday 18 September 2015

Thursday 17th September 2015




A stunning day with sun most of the day and temp' reaching a high of 22c this afternoon.
In preparation of cutting branches from the bean, oak and acer trees I bought and assembled a clawed sawing horse this morning. Will start cutting next week weather permitting.
Also today planted up the lodge plant boxes with winter ornamental cabbages. they look a little naf but hey ho!
            Now the bad news of the day. In preparing for my next garden project I began working on the position of the tin bath to create a waterfall into the main pond. Unable to explain as not a clue what happened only to confirm I am in a pretty bad way after finding myself spreadeagled in the pond having first fallen through the balustrade, hitting concrete boulders and wedged between the bath and concrete chute. Pretty wet and unable to move and Lorna out shopping I thought this could be a problem. As luck would have it I had already tied rope to the bath to help with positioning so used this to help me get up and out. Tied the rope to a newel post and pulled myself up. How about that then?!! Laugh at my expense if you wish.
I have bruised ribs and hip, a small cut above the eye lack of movement in neck and arms. Also a fair amount of pain.
I better like this project once finished?!
In attempting to post this blog last night it was to my despair I had no internet again...
Picture 1 & 2 - Ornamental cabbages.
     "             3 - Not where the bath should be but where it ended up!
     "             4 - Clawed sawing horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment