Wednesday 9 September 2015

Wednesday 9th September 2015

Another brilliant day, warm with plenty of sun.
Windows 10 still installing so sadly again no photographs.
              Started the Autumn tree and shrub trimming today. The dead ceanothus tree and smoke bush were cut down and shredded. Will replace the ceanothus tree as was such a bee puller and of course pretty dramatic in colour.
Looks pretty bare at the moment.
                In the hide late this afternoon I spotted two mice feeding together in critter cam. First time I have witnessed that. How many mice are there in the garden I wonder?
A good few moths were in the trap this morning, not so many outside today. Having said that, when I cut down the ceanothus this afternoon I was amazed at the number of moths I disturbed.
Foxy was about again last night, only the one showing still so not sure where partner is or the cub. It may be in fact the cub I see each night.
Looking forward to tomorrow evening for the talk on the plight of hedgehogs. Being held in Arborfield Village Hall. Will bring back many memories of the time when I was heavily involved with the running of the Village Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment