Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wednesday 11th June 2014.


Very warm day. 
Today I invited Doug over to identify a bird that had shown an interest in the Swift box. Clearly not a Swift, Lorna thought perhaps a Sparrow. I thought not thinking it may be a Dunnock? Prior to Doug calling it was noticed this same type of bird had taken over the Squirrel box early this morning, strange.
Doug arrived at 12 noon and straight way confirmed the bird as a Sparrow. Mrs. T won the argument! He also confirmed the bird in the Squirrel box as a Sparrow.
During the discussion Doug realised I was not playing my Swift Call CD. Was because it appeared to end and made the most awful noise before I re-set. I was made to have another go! Can you believe within minutes of playing the Swifts arrived. Gobsmackingly good. Good not have thought this was going to happen in a million years. The birds clung to the brickwork and were almost at the point of entering the box. Great news for next year. This continued all the afternoon into early evening. CD still playing up but at least now repeats.....
Bit of success  with the Moth trap last night. Two Moths photographed which I will identify tomorrow.
The eggs I mentioned last night Doug confirmed for sure as Pigeons eggs.
Pictures 1 & 2 - Swifts calling at 479.
      "              3 - Damsel Fly on the leather arm chair.
      "              4 - Confirmed Pigeons eggs destroyed by a Magpie. Not so unhappy about this as over stocked with Pigeons!
Picture - 5 - Logs to be used for my Mouse/Mice project.


No comments:

Post a Comment