Tuesday 24 June 2014

Tuesday 24th June 2014








A very warm day.
Henry Street woke me up, delivery arrived very early! All ready now to finish the Bluebell walk on return from holiday.
           Good day for Swifts, flying and calling most of the day. A joy.
           Enjoyed a coffee and chat with old mates at Lavers this morning. Caught up on gossip, I do miss the banter.
            This afternoon I was transfixed by a mating pair of Damselflies. From cutting a leaf for the eggs to the copulation wheel and tandem position. Not seen before so glad I had the time to watch the action.
Foxy was back last night, not seen for months. I was actually pleased to see him again.
Yesterday I saw loads of Peacock Caterpillars and today photographed one on the greenhouse path.
Picture 1 - Foxy.
      "     2 - Wood alike paving delivered.
  "   3 - 7 - Mating pair of Damselflies.
  "        8 - Peacock Caterpillar.

Away now for a few days in the New Forest.




No comments:

Post a Comment