Saturday 7 June 2014

Wednesday 28th May 2014



For the second part of the holiday weather appears to be co-operating. A very warm day.
With Barbara we today drove to Dornoch just outside the Black Isle. 
Dornoch is another town steeped in history but in more recent times made famous by Maddona. Having married in the area she had one of her children Baptised in Dornoch Cathedral.
Enjoyed speaking with a local historian who was in the Cathedral willing to talk to anyone interested in Dornoch history. This you will find hard to believe but absolutely true.
On leaving the Cathedral this Gentleman approached with open arms and welcomed me to Dornoch. I know you are from Australia he said but which part? I'm from England said I. Really, I must be confused. Well let me tell you who I am. My name is Gordon Campell and I am full of myself. You can see from my tie I am an important person etc etc etc. He was full of himself but also actually very interesting. After ten minutes he then introduced himself to Lorna, they hit it off big time! On arriving home I googled the name and my word, well you judge for yourself.
Had to find Barbara now who had disappeared! Found her in time to enjoy a light lunch in a local coffee bar.
After lunch we then headed back taking the coast road through Cromarty and the Black Isle. A stunning drive, despite ideal conditions there was very little wildlife about. Oyster Catchers and that was it. Plenty of abandoned Oil Rigs going spare!
Next stop was the stables to meet up with Sarah and Toppi. The stables are next to the Cullodon Battle Field.
Good to meet up with Sarah again and to see Toppi in tip top condition. With an 8 day old Donkey in the yard there were plenty of ahhhhh moments.
Once Toppi settled for the night we all went to the Snow Goose for an evening meal.
Picture 1 - Dornoch Cathedral.
      "     2 - Gordon Campell & Lorna in deep discussion.
      "     3 - Redundant Oil Rigs.
      "     4 - Night night Toppi.
      "     5 - Sarah and Donkey.
      "     6 - Mr.T and Donkey.


No comments:

Post a Comment